Chelas-Olivais Sul-Cabo Ruivo Metro Line
The Lisbon metro system was inaugurated the 29th of december 1959, with a single bifurcated Y-shaped line connecting Sete Rios (now Jardim Zoológico) and Entrecampos, with a common route between Rotunda (now Marquês de Pombal) and Restauradores, in the city centre. The total length was 6.5 km.
It was later extended: in 1972 an extension was completed from Restauradores to Alvalade. In 1988 new connections to the Cidade Universitária (University City) and the Colégio Militar – Luz were inaugurated. Ten years later, in 1998, a completely new line, the eastern line, connected Alameda to the Expo ’98 area, a world exhibition that took place in the north-eastern part of the city. In July 2012, the Lisbon metro reached the Portela Airport.
Large-scale Civil – Transport infrastructures
Lisbon – Portugal
FCC – Cobetar – Spie